The Blofeld doesn’t react anymore after the firmware-update. What did I do wrong?
Should your Blofeld show no functions other than the display lights after you have updated it please contact your dealer (during the warranty) or contact your appropriate Waldorf service. If the LEDs still work please follow these instructions:
- Download the file "blofeld_rescue.mid" from our website: http://www.waldorfmusic.de/en/downloads-blofeld/535-emergency.html
- Turn off your Blofeld Connect your Blofeld to the MIDI port of your Computer with a MIDI (!!) cable.
- Press and hold the “Utility” and the “Global” buttons simultaneously.
- Now switch on your Blofeld. The display of the device should now say "SEND DATA".
- Send the rescue file to the Blofeld using an appropriate MIDI-Software like a sequencing program or our own Spectre application.
- If the transfer was successful you can upload the Firmware via the USB or the MIDI interface.
- Check the FAQ “How does a Firmware-Update work?” for further information.
- Now your Blofeld should be fully functional again.